How comfortable are you creating Reels?
It’s hard to believe, but this game-changing Instagram feature has been around for over a year! And now with the explosive growth of TikTok, we’re all well aware that short form video is here to stay.
But I get it…if you’re anything like me, it was tricky enough finding feed-worthy photos for your social media, and now we have to get on camera?! Terrifying…
The good news is, we’re all getting to know this new feature together! And it doesn’t mean you need to obtain a theatre degree or learn how to operate a 4K camera.
Let’s start simple! I’m not one for singing or dancing on camera, and you might not be either. So I’ve put together a list of simple and straight-forward reels (or TikToks) that you can create TODAY – no choreography required!
Watch the video I created (linked here) + keep scrolling for even more examples of simple videos you can create to share on social!
10 Simple Reels Ideas:
- Share a Tip – It seems simple, but you’re the pro in your industry! Things that may be “basic knowledge” to you are highly valuable tips for your followers! You could look straight at the camera or show your screen and talk (example here), or use the green screen effect, like this video, to walk them through how to do something.
- Tell a Story – Instagram and TikTok are perfect for telling stories; this is an amazing opportunity to entertain your audience or create an emotional connection with them! One of my favorite creators at the moment (Elyse Myers) does this so well! This video actually made me laugh out loud. Seriously, scroll through her TikTok – you won’t be disappointed.
- Show Behind the Scenes – What better way to make someone feel like they know you than to give them a little peek behind the curtain? Show off your workspace, your daily task list, how you make your coffee, or whatever else you’re working on. And remember, not every part of this hast to relate back to your business…use this as an opportunity to show more of who you are.
- Reply to a Reel Comment – This feature is big on TikTok and has recently made its way to reels! If someone leaves a comment on a reel you post, you can select that comment and reply to it with a video. Check out this example here – this one is particularly great because it uses the reply feature and an applicable audio.
- Explain a Product or Service – Remember “show and tell”? There’s a reason it was the highlight of your week in grade school. Show off a new product (or describe a service you offer) and explain why your audience will love and need it!
- Client testimonial (or review) – If a picture is worth 1,000 words, a video testimonial of review is worth 1,000,000!! These may be a little tricker to come by, but they sure are impactful. Having someone provide an authentic video review is user generated content GOLD!
- Your Daily Routine – Mini “vlogs” (video blogs) are a huge trend right now in short form video. Show your audience what you’re up to on any given day – you can do this using still photos or stinging together short clips. These are my favorite videos right now – they’re so easy to create and set to a trending audio. Here is a great example that doesn’t even require you to show your face!
- Answer an FAQ – What is the first thing someone always asks you when you start working together? People are naturally curious, but often times too timid to ask. Answering a question you receive a lot one-on-one is a great way to educate your audience!
- Show a Transformation – There’s something so satisfying and impressive about a before and after…this video is a great example – and save this audio to use for your next transformation reel.
- Debunk an Industry Myth – There’s nothing that will grab someones attention like an unpopular opinion! My most viewed reel is calling out “the biggest mistake I see on social media”!
Want more insights like this? Sign up for my email list by clicking the button below!